August 2, 2010

Objectivity is lost on aunties.

Mothers, fathers, grandpas, grandmas, aunts, and uncles....we think the children in our lives are simply superior to all other beings. The things they say are the funniest, the faces the cutest, the hugs the warmest, and the smiles the brightest. Since today is my birthday I suppose I can indulge myself in imagining that I was once that kid. And then fourth grade happened.*

But I'm sure my niece and nephews will never have the awkward phase, just as I'm sure they truly are the most wonderful beings to exist. Note the "nephewS;" Joseph Finnegan Keelin was born on July 24.


Proof of my multi-tasking abilities: holding Finn while taking our picture left-handed.


He has sideburns. Finn is a cuddly and reasonable baby, except when it comes to being naked, which is pretty much the worse thing ever. Just a few thoughts among the vast expanse of consciousness that LIFE presents.


*Glasses + braces + randomly expanding facial features + ever-lengthening limbs = me = so.painfully.awkward.

1 comment:

Nina said...

Aww. Our oldest had sideburns too when he was a baby, too cute. Altho his were so very light blonde that you could barely see them.