April 3, 2009

Laura's Greatful Dead Teddy


Laura wanted a pink bear with a rainbow, which is easy enough. But I made the mistake of asking her too many questions and showing her the progress too many times. Her fantastic four-year-old imagination could not rest. I let her tell me what order to put the rainbow colors in, but she also - on different days - wanted different colors to be represented all over the bear. Like white on the feet and green on the back, and so on. I was never really sure what she was envisioning so I was relieved one day when she suggested the bear have rainbow hair that we could agree on foregoing the various colored anatomy if I did the hair. She also specifically chose the colors for the facial features. I was worried that white eyes would look empty and scary, but they're not bad. She enjoys the bear so I'm happy.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Wow. Does rainbow bear have a name?

Theresa B said...

As far as I know, it does not have a name, but is referred to as a "her."