April 16, 2009

Fail: A sad new category that starts with a tree

It pains me to say it, but sometimes I fail. In the interest of humbling myself and hoping for some cathartic experiences I'm going to share my fails. Do not laugh! Ok, laugh a little. I've laughed many times at my own foibles - but only after crying inside for the exact number of hours it took me to make the piece of crap in the first place.


This was supposed to be a felted tree on which I was going to put interchangeable accents for various seasons. Red i-cord garlands and a star topper for Christmas, a tiny bird's nest for spring, etc. etc. Well, the felting didn't go as planned and now - if you have that sort of mind - it just resembles a green you-know-what.

There are many reasons it failed: I made it in a way that I had to stuff if before felting, my washing machine won't run a hot cycle on anything other than "delicate," and I was making up the pattern as I went. The undersides of the tiers need to be flatter and the top needs to be sharper. Since it didn't felt down as much as I had wanted, it just ended up looking lumpy and it won't stand up straight.

Blurg!

1 comment:

annabelle said...

wow. I am starting my morning with tears running down my cheeks from laughing so hard I can hardly stay in my chair.

Thank you.