December 1, 2008

My first knitting pattern!

Woo hoo! So I wrote a pattern for a stuffed owl because I couldn't find one I liked. Also, I was bored. Luckily, it turned out well the first time. I've learned a lot of patience with knitting, but I still don't check the gauge or tear things out or redo things. It's terrible, I know, but I have a strong aversion to wasting time in certain areas of life. This is one of them. Applying to jobs is another. I realize the time I may spend redoing knitting or applying to jobs I will never get really isn't a waste, it's good practice and I know that. But unfortunately for me,I just can't get my stubborn heart to feel it.

So you don't see the pattern here because I've submitted it to Knitty for review for their Spring magazine. I think I'll hear in a couple of weeks. If it's not accepted, I'll post it here, but either way it'll be free to view when it goes live.

No comments: