March 24, 2011

Drawings 4,5,6, and 7.

Bear with me, I had a very productive drawing day. Not necessarily successful, but certainly productive.

Ok, this was *kind of* successful, in a sort of surrealist way. Do I get credit for pulling out an antiquated style (thanks, grandma's estate sale!)? We have a chair similar to this one at our letter desk:



The skunk. Skunks are not attractive creatures, except for their cute button noses. Which is ironic.




You'll very soon see that if my illustrative skills have a downfall, it is the human form. Van Gogh's ear is just a teaser. It may also prove that my concept of lighting is slightly awry.



Just photoshop my drawing in and VOILA! Not really. But I did guess the correct ear. Although apparently Van Gogh did not chop off his own ear - the deed was done by a frenemy during a fencing match.

And now, just because it's creepy and true, here's a picture of a human ear scientists grew on the back of a naked mouse.




I actually consider this last one to be such a success that it's doesn't need an explanatory photo. You know how you always want what you can't have? That's how sandwiches are to pregnant people who tend towards paranoia.

No comments: