December 26, 2009

Etsy Favorites

As I mentioned last week, my Etsy shop is now up and running and hubs smartly reminded me that I should put a permanent link to it here (look right. Well, "right" right now. Later, when I've written more posts and this one moves down the line, "right" will actually be "on the right side of the page just under the banner." So I guess you should just look under the banner). I thought I would highlight some of my favorite items that I really want someone to buy and love. But if no one does so, I'll just love them myself.


TIIIINY sweater. Made from rough sock wool, this is the kind of thing wardrobe dresses actors in whenever they make one of those charming big-city-folks-go-to-the-midwest-waistland-and-hilarity-ensues movies. SO WHAT IF WE SAY "oh, yah" SOMETIMES? You know what the worst irony is? That someone from MN simply can't say "Minnesota" without sounding irrefutably Minnesotan.


It's a strange thing; I almost never wear bracelets, but I really like making them. I think this one would look good on anyone.


I got this idea from someone at a recent craft show. So, yeah, I stole it. But mine look very different and mostly I just wanted to see if I could successfully felt a sweater and cut it up for pins. Turns out I can.


This is the most symmetrical dreamcatcher I've made and I really like the colors. Plus, I like that most of the beads on it are some sort of Brasilian seed. So maybe my dreamcatchers stray from tradition, but the modernist part of me likes meshing cultures because it's kind of symbolic and the postmodernist part of me just doesn't care.


I tell myself that every artist has to draw 100 really bad things for every one that turns out great and that we just don't know it because you only ever see the good stuff. My best stuff is by no means good in any technical way, but I like to think they are whimsical or cute or quirky or at least they don't make your eyes bleed.

MORE NEW ITEMS COMING SOON!

No comments: