May 28, 2011

Curtains!

You thought I was crazy to tackle a sewing project while pregnant, right? Well, I was crazy. CRAZY GENIUS. And humble.

Actually, there was a large amount of luck involved. For example, whenever I mention that I don't know how to sew I'm also speaking of the fact that I don't really know how to operate the sewing machine. There are three dials on it and I don't know what any of them do. But I'm not a total idiot. I did a little test on some scraps to see how the stitches came out, and they came out great! So I did not touch the mysterious dials and proceeded in happy ignorance.

Boom.

The room feels like it's coming together because we've been on kind of a roll. Having spent the last few months in horrible "pain" from a foot surgery that conveniently allowed him to fry his brain with television and habitually ask me for a drink of water as soon as I would sit down, hubs finally got around to painting.*


And I finally got all my craft stuff into the craft room so we can actually set up the crib and whatnot. Yay!


* Looooove you!

1 comment:

Joe said...

These have a unholy...sewing...talent!