November 25, 2010

I am thankful for dirt.

Things about Minnesota that I am thankful for and maybe someday will inspire a craft:


My family.

Freshly fallen snow that coats every little tiny twig on every tree-lined street, but only until it becomes a world of slush made gray by car exhaust.

Lakes. So many lakes.

Fireplaces that actually get used.

Summer sunsets at 9 pm.

Hotdish
. Where would we be without tuna noodle casserole?

The MINNESOTA TWINS.

The North Shore. It's the Hamptons of MN.

Target. You're welcome.

Green bean casserole, preferably made with nothing but canned ingredients.

Dirt; specifically the warm kind that smells good because it is a reminder that it's summer.


I don't know how any of these could translate into a craft, but perhaps it'll be an interesting quest to embark upon, like the Native Americans discovering Grand Portage.*


*It wouldn't actually be anything like that, but I needed a MN-related simile.

No comments: