April 15, 2011

Drawings 13, 14, 15, and 16.

I'm guessing it won't happen very often that I get to draw something that is a real, one-of-a-kind thing in my own little sphere of existence.


I have spoken many times about "the cabin." It's a magical place that I have almost no trouble drawing from memory. I'm too lazy to dig up one of our infamous check-out day family portraits out front, but rest assured this is the same cabin. The photo is from the lake side of the cabin, but if you were to walk around the corner to the right your eyes would fall upon my drawing.


-=-=-=-

I drew young shrubs.


The caption on this photo was "It's a shrubbery!" I thought "shrubbery" was plural or something, but this caption has me all confused. Are "shrubbery" and "shrubs" interchangeable? Shouldn't it just be "It's a shrub!"? Oh God, do I put the question mark inside the quotes as usual or does that just change the caption from an excited statement to an expletive query? GRAMMAR YOU ARE A WORTHY FOE!*


-=-=-=-

I especially like the mushroom on the right because it really depicts those tiny underside gills that make you feel like you're eating centipede legs.


Apparently this photo is of one variety of "magic" mushrooms."** I disagree. They probably still have centipede legs and there's nothing magical about that so now we're faced with a philosophical question: Do magic mushrooms exist?


-=-=-=-

Thank God this book doesn't give any instructions. That convenient fact has prevented me from literally desecrating a rather attractive and talented man.


Ok, the scrappy beard isn't the best thing that ever happened.




* Nerd.
** Pretty sure there has never been so many quotes in one blog post.

No comments: