February 21, 2010

Well, the plunge has been taken.

Oh, Penny. Don't look so bewildered. Soon enough, you will have someone to lick who is not able to refuse you! *until adult-sized hands descend, swatting*

I. Am. Pregnant. And since this picture was posted on Facebook today, the whole world knows it! Which is a relief, even though it's still early - only eight weeks. Secrets are the worst.

Let's not focus on the scary things, but list the exciting things! It'll be cute (I think); it'll be snuggly (I hope); it'll smell good (when not covered in spit-up); it'll have at least one cousin to play with; I think Laura and Sammy will love it; Penny likes kids; my dad just retired; I don't have bad morning sickness; shopping for it will be fun; and to quote Sarah Chalke, "I'm gonna love the crap out of this kid."

7 comments:

Becky said...

The shirt looks great, and so does Penny!

miss.e.motional said...

Oh. My. GOD! This is sooo exciting. Love you guys!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! And I'm sure Penny will be a wonderful big sis. =)

Becky said...

Penny looks surprisingly comfortable in that t-shirt.

Unknown said...

congratulations !!!! enjoy your no-morning-sickness weeks

Nina said...

Oh my gosh, congrats!

M. B. Karger said...

Woo Hoo!

Congratulations! Here's to 8 more months of growth, change and excitement, to be followed by even more growth, change and excitement! :)

- Marnie a.k.a. Crafterall